walstib, ykwim?

What a long strange trip indeed:
RI -> FL -> RI -> MA -> RI -> CA -> TN -> CA -> ?
Horror stories from the past, to current trials and tribulations; from my takes on the environment, baseball, overpopulation, hippies, jam bands, politics, neurological disorders, sex, religion (yikes!), big money, and pop culture, to future speculations and musings on life after employment; with liberal amounts of sarcasm and dry humour on the side.

Monday, February 16, 2009

15 Minutes

Andy Warhol said everyone will get their 15 minutes of fame.



So far, I've been on a nationally 4th ranked athletic team at a major university, and I have won a photography award at a National Park.

I was in the NYE midnight drum parade at a String Cheese Incident show.

I've met Bob Weir, Vince Welnick, and Bill Spooner.

I write for a small Red Sox blog that gets over 100 hits a day.


I played at The Summer of Love 40th Anniversary in Golden Gate Park.



Not a lot, admittedly, but more than some folks.

My next bit of notoriety? I have been laying down percussion tracks on the forthcoming CD by Stackabones, a band which has been around for quite some time, with 4 or 5 CD's out already.




Lead guitarist Jimmy Brighton of that band is also our lead guitarist in Leadfoot Betty, the Dead tribute band that Tom Dibell and I have put together.

I never really thought of myself as any sort of accomplished drummer, ykwim? I just did this for the fun of it, never expecting to see my name on a commercially released CD. Not only will my name appear on the aforementioned CD, I may even be playing with them this summer, as their regular drummer is currently working with David Grisman. Not only that, Stackabones has been known to perform with 2 drummers, a situation I am very familiar and comfortable with. So I won't be rich and famous, but this is far more than I ever expected.

(-: GRIN :-)

So yeah, I'm in a good mood today. Something else very nice happened today, but that'll have to be another post. (grin)

No comments: