walstib, ykwim?

What a long strange trip indeed:
RI -> FL -> RI -> MA -> RI -> CA -> TN -> CA -> ?
Horror stories from the past, to current trials and tribulations; from my takes on the environment, baseball, overpopulation, hippies, jam bands, politics, neurological disorders, sex, religion (yikes!), big money, and pop culture, to future speculations and musings on life after employment; with liberal amounts of sarcasm and dry humour on the side.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Russian River Acoustic Band

New to the Russian River area and looking for acoustic bass and guitars for acoustic get togethers either here in Forestville or at your location close-by. I’m already playing in 2 other bands, and since I keep the full set down in San Rafael, I am looking to play locally in an acoustic setting where all I need to bring is my throne, snare, brushes, hi-hat, chimes, and a ride cymbal. Eventually looking to play in venues such as Ace Pub in Graton, and Iron Springs and Sleeping Lady Café (nee Café Amsterdam) in Fairfax. Originals are good if you have any. I don’t write, but influences include Allman Brothers Band, Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers, String Cheese Incident, Phish, Little Feat, Dire Straits, Pat Metheny Group, Yonder Mountain String Band, David Thom Band, David Grisman, Bonnie Raitt, Max Creek, Jimmy Buffett, Dan Fogelberg, Santana, Robert Johnson, Dave Mason, Bela Fleck, Joe Walsh, Eagles, Rodney Carrington, Tom Waits, Poor Man’s Whiskey, Loudon Wainwright III, Bob Dylan, The Band, bluegrass and rootsy Americana, old blues, a little bit of classical, and almost anything out of New Orleans. Especially interested in comedians and raconteurs with guitar or bass. (Think Buffett, Wainwright Walsh, Carrington.)


Photo: Me and David Gans at Dave Stein's monthly acoustic Dead tribute in San Francisco.

No comments: