walstib, ykwim?

What a long strange trip indeed:
RI -> FL -> RI -> MA -> RI -> CA -> TN -> CA -> ?
Horror stories from the past, to current trials and tribulations; from my takes on the environment, baseball, overpopulation, hippies, jam bands, politics, neurological disorders, sex, religion (yikes!), big money, and pop culture, to future speculations and musings on life after employment; with liberal amounts of sarcasm and dry humour on the side.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do you like baseball AND the Dead?

I’m lookin’ for my fuzzy little hippy girl who likes baseball and the Dead. Growing up 60 miles south of Fenway Park, I became a Red Sox fan, still loyal to them to this day 43 years later. Ironically, my favorite NL team was the Giants, followed closely by Chicago and Pittsburgh- my first ball game ever was at old Forbes Field. These days, I find myself writing for a Red Sox blog that frequently gets over 10k hits/month. I still like those three NL teams, and I’ll root for the A’s, too, unless they’re playin’ against the Sox.



Besides writing for the blog, I find myself playing in anywhere from 2 to 4 bands at any given moment.

I have 2 tickets to CHC @ SFG, August 9th in the official Jerry section, meaning we’ll get a pair of Jerry bobblehead dolls, and be surrounded by a bunch of freaks! We are everywhere!

I also have 2 tickets to the Sunday, June 27th Red Sox @ SFG game. I will be hosting a Benefit for The Jimmy Fund the night before at The Connecticut Yankee, less than 2 miles from ATnT Park. Some of the Bay Area's finest musicians will be playing, and there have been some very special guests invited, too.

No comments: