Fucking Assholes, cont.
4. Kathy Waitt~ She could’ve told me she was engaged. She could’ve told me she was seeing someone, but no. She used to drive an hour and a half to come water ski with me after work, but sometimes didn’t even ski, just stayed and hung out in the boat with me. Stayed overnight on occasion, too. I thought we were really getting along that summer. We both were into competition water skiing, liked to drink beer, the Red Sox. Her parents even liked me and I was good friends with her brother. Then one day she just disappeared. Stopped answering my calls, was always away from her desk when I called her at work. I was crazed! I couldn’t understand why any of this was happening. She was the first great love of my life. If she had only said at the start, “Y’know Dave, I’ve been seeing someone, but right now, I’m not sure about it”, or something, anything, to let me know where she was coming from. I took a job north of Boston and moved there to try and find her. When I needed answers the most, I was getting nothing. After about 2 months, she finally agreed to see me, but I was so shaken by her disappearance, I didn’t know what to say when I finally did get to see her. You have to remember, I never did have great social skills with the opposite sex. I never did see her again, except for the New Year’s Eve party. Quite unexpectedly, we were at the same party, when she introduced me to her fiancée. Yeah, her fiancée. A little hint would have been nice 6 months ago. This non-relationship was the door to my cocaine abuse episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment