walstib, ykwim?

What a long strange trip indeed:
RI -> FL -> RI -> MA -> RI -> CA -> TN -> CA -> ?
Horror stories from the past, to current trials and tribulations; from my takes on the environment, baseball, overpopulation, hippies, jam bands, politics, neurological disorders, sex, religion (yikes!), big money, and pop culture, to future speculations and musings on life after employment; with liberal amounts of sarcasm and dry humour on the side.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Soon Come Good News?

Last week I walked into the local SSA office (partly because I'm bored stiff) to check on the status of my Medi-Care app. I couldn't see the monitor he was looking at, but he said' "Oh. Good news." Then he turned the conversation in a different direction about where (physically) my application was and started talking ambiguously. He didn't tell me that my app had been approved, but I left with a feeling that my app had been approved, and due to gummint boorockrasee, he was not the proper boorowcrat to inform me of the decision. Just a gut feeling, that's all. I went into a free (almost) clinic (will probably get boiled for the visit anyhow), and got another scrip I can't afford. I had filled out some papers to allow my regular physician to release my records to this clinic. My PCP office called me in regards to one item in their records, and during the course of that phone conversation, I was informed that the good doc actually took time to write a personal letter to SSA saying that this guy is messed up and needs to be accepted into the program! WOOHOO! Thank you Dr. G!!!!!!
So, soon come good news?

No comments: