Yesterday was good, but today sucks. Well, mostly. SSA has been approved, but Medi-Care won't kick in for another 2 years. Went to the temp agency that placed me at UCCR almost 6 years ago. They seemed happy to be able to help me (and I, them) again. Scheduled an appointment with Dr. G. for January 5. Since I received my last SDI check today, and I do not expect any $$$ from SSA until later in the month, I think I will be able to qualify for Medi-Cal for a small window. But Dr. C. doesn't take Medi-Cal, she almost didn't sign the EDD form for supplemental SDI. But she will be working at a clinic that does take Medi-Cal, so I called it. Never heard of her. Went back in to her office. "Oh, she starts later today. Try calling them back tomorrow." Kelly (the barrister) finally returned my call and reaffirmed that Medi-Care does not kick in for 2 more years. (I'll be dead by then if I don't get to see my doctors. I also won't be able to afford my meds, either, probably contributing to my early demise.) I went to SSA to give them a copy of Sierra's birth certificate (I thought I had done that already?) when I discovered that I can appeal the date of disability onset without affecting any of the financial benefits. Now why didn't Kelly know about that? Fucking lawyers. Finally sold the Winnie the Pooh sheets. Not much, but every bit counts. (If only everything I've tried to sell recently sold on the first post for the original asking price, I'd be much better off financially right now.) My BP is skyrocketing again. Sierra called. She forgot her keys again and had to break into the house.
Sigh.
Up, down, up, down, up, down, ad nauseum.
Oh yeah, guns. That GD Son of a Bush in the White House just overturned a ban on carrying concealed firearms in National Parks. Talk about a golden GFY on your way out.
3 comments:
This started out as a post to my personal heath journal (with a different title), but once I cursed the barrister, the rest just sort of fell right into place.
I like the post title, the best line of that song is "Dad, get me out of this!"
Beers Friday?
heh heh heh
Yes, beers Friday!
Post a Comment