walstib, ykwim?

What a long strange trip indeed:
RI -> FL -> RI -> MA -> RI -> CA -> TN -> CA -> ?
Horror stories from the past, to current trials and tribulations; from my takes on the environment, baseball, overpopulation, hippies, jam bands, politics, neurological disorders, sex, religion (yikes!), big money, and pop culture, to future speculations and musings on life after employment; with liberal amounts of sarcasm and dry humour on the side.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Facebook rants and raves

Facebook has taken over my life. I try to keep it real, fr'instance, I rarely accept friend requests from Fb users whom I have not met in person, and I don't play mindless, silly Mafia Wars and Candy whatever games. I get news, sports, and weather info via my newsfeed. I don't follow casual acquaintances, I don't even follow most of my friends. I would be in bed all day! I do follow some close friends and avoid following friends who post incessantly.

I do read a lot- socio-economic and geo-political articles from established, sane, leftist outlets, as well as centrist outlets such as CNN and MSNBC. Every once in a while I will peruse Fox News or some other rwnj* outlet, but I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done.

I've become much more politically aware from having all this progressive information landing in my celaphone in one place. The more I read, the more I write. I finally realized that I've written some quality comments in civilized threads that could have been published here all along. I started cross posting them here today in my previous entry, Facebook 2016.06.20. The title format may evolve, and I may post some comments from Fb that I had the wherewithal to copy and save. (Now if I could only remember where I saved them.)


No comments: